Content marketing is a very important method of getting the word out about your products and/or services. Content marketing is the best way to inform, educate and engage your audience while building authority in the eyes of your audience. However, there are some common content marketing mistakes that you’ll definitely want to avoid.
* Avoiding SEO – Search engine optimization involves both on- and off-page actions that you can take to ensure that search engines find your website, blog or product. SEO uses certain techniques and tactics to help your audience find you. Don’t think that it doesn’t matter. The more you put these improvements into place, the better your results.
* Not Using Automation Wisely – Automation can be misused, but it needs to be used to help make everything possible. You’re only one person. A good rule of thumb is that you should personally respond and interact with people on social media and within comments of your blog, but you should use automation for everything else.
* Not Promoting Your Content – When you create any type of content that you want people to find, you should promote it via your social media networks and email. You can even promote it via pay-per-click ads. If you don’t promote your content, you’ll get a lot less positive results from it.
* Forgetting to Optimize Your Headlines – Part of search engine optimization involves headlines, but it deserves a special mention. There are some ways to ensure your headlines are optimized. First, put the keywords in the first three words; secondly, test out more than one headline to see what gets the best response.
* Creating Poor Quality Content – Your audience doesn’t want a ton of content under all circumstances. If you cannot create quality content on a daily basis, don’t. Create quality content on a schedule that works for you. If it’s high quality, answers questions, and solves problems, it will be welcomed.
* Not Reworking and Rewriting PLR – Private label rights content offers you a good way to get content fast. But, to use it properly you need to learn how to update it, change it, and make it your own. You want to avoid duplicate content issues, and you want all your content to speak in the same voice.
* Not Publishing Enough – This may be contradictory, but you do have to publish enough to get noticed and keep the interest of your audience. Don’t get so bogged down in perfection that you neglect creating new content at least weekly.
* Concerning Yourself with Quantity over Quality – By the same token, you don’t want to post daily if the content doesn’t somehow add value to your audience. Just having something up, especially if it doesn’t match your niche, won’t get the results you want.
If you can avoid these content marketing mistakes, you’ll have a lot more success with your content marketing efforts.