It’s true that content marketing is getting more difficult. You have to work harder, and be that much more prolific to get the same attention that you used to get with old-fashioned article marketing and a blog post a month. Today, your content needs to be smarter, more directed, and well, simply more. If you’re questioning the importance of content, hopefully these points about why content is still important will help.
1. Helps Search Engine Ranking – Even though it is harder to rank in a search engine now than it used to be, and the “number” of your rank is less important, you still want to be ranked high and to be indexed with the major search engines like Google in order for your audience to find you. To get ranked, to get searched, to get noticed, you must have content.
2. Keeps Your Audience Interested – If you want your audience to come to your website or blog, you’re going to have to have something for them to do. Content can be all sorts of things such as blog posts, articles, reports, books, games, video and audio. Your audience needs to consume content, otherwise what’s the point of them visiting your website?
3. Informs Your Audience – Content can be used as a means by which to inform your audience about various issues and solutions within the niche. Writing informative post, articles or creating informative videos will be a large percentage of the type of content you create for your audience.
4. Engages Your Audience – The right kind of content can entertain and involve your audience to the point that they want to come back more often. If your content asks questions and provides a means by which they can respond, you’re going to be winning the content game. You want your audience to be engaged with you as it helps them be more responsive to your calls to action.
5. Educates Your Audience – Content is one of the ways in which you can educate your audience about the issues of your niche. That education, in the form of blog posts, articles, white papers and more, can help your audience understand the problems they face and the solutions you provide.
6. Inspires Your Audience – A really valuable component of content and one that is super important is inspiration. Content can inspire your audience to act. That action means that they’re answering your CTAs, using your solutions, and getting results.
7. Builds Loyalty with Your Audience – People buy from those that they know, like and trust. Creating regular content can help your audience feel as if they know you. And once your audience feels as if they know you, they’ll start being more loyal – which makes it that much easier to promote your next product to them.
8. Helps You Establish Authority – When people believe that you’re the one with the answers within your niche, they’re going to seek you out for more. The more content you produce that is factual and well-crafted, the more your audience will see you as an authority figure on the topic. And the more they see you as an authority, the more they’re going to want to be associated with you.
9. Content Is Valuable – Outside of the services and products you’re promoting, content is a very valuable addition to your audience’s day. You want them to walk away from the content feeling as if they got something very important from you.
10. Content Lives a Long Time – The content you publish today will pay off far into the future. If you create good quality content, you’ll be able to benefit from it for years to come.
Content will always be important when it comes to getting the word out about your business, your niche and your offerings.