You’ve heard it said that you need to have unique content on your blog, but did you know that you need unique content on guest blogs too? Unique content is essential to any blog’s wellbeing and popularity. Google sends traffic to websites it views as authoritative, and today that doesn’t include websites that have duplicate content.
* Content Is Still King – Not only is content king, it’s queen and all the pawns too, and it works together in concert to make a wonderful and enchanting kingdom. Okay, seriously… all the types of content you put on your blog, or someone else’s as a guest, needs to be considered unique by the search engines for Google to care about it at all.
* Understand what Google’s Job Is – Googles job isn’t to send you traffic. Google’s one and only job is to deliver relevant content to their audience. They don’t want to send them to the same article, spun in various ways until it looks and reads poorly. It’s their job to send their audience the correct information. When you get that, you’ll soon understand that your job is to provide your audience with unique and relevant content so that Google can do its job.
* To Get Variety Focus on Formats – There are many forms of content such as videos, articles, blogs, images, and so forth. Focus on providing a variety of this type of content so that you can repurpose your content without making duplicate or spun blog posts.
* Quality and Relevance Matter Too – As you focus on unique content, remember that quality and relevance matter as well. When you focus on those things, the uniqueness is almost built in automatically.
* Deliver Value – Google wants each webpage where it sends its audience to be valuable, if not highly valuable. If you can focus on providing high value to your audience, you’ll be much more likely to get in Google’s good graces.
* You Could Look Like a Plagiarizer – It’s important to focus on unique content so that Google doesn’t think you’re ripping off other people’s content and scamming people. When Google crawls a site and sees duplicate content, it penalizes the site because of that potential.
* Provide Your Unique Perspective – Don’t worry if you want to tell the same story someone else is telling; that’s not the problem. You simply need to add your unique perspective. For example, if you purchase PLR about do-it-yourself home repairs, add in your own pictures, and your own keywords and examples.
* Create Your Own and Pay for Some – Getting enough content under these circumstances can seem like a hard thing to do. But, you can combine content you’ve created with content you’ve bought, such as PLR or ghost-written content, to make something completely new.
Creating unique content doesn’t have to be difficult, but it is super important – not just because you want the search engines to recognize you as authoritative, but also because you want your website visitors to find value in your work.