Many people who own small businesses, especially home businesses, don’t realize that you can still market your business offline and not just online. There are many ways to market your business offline that are very effective.
* Try Unconventional Marketing Techniques – There are lots of neat ways you can get attention from sidewalk chalk, sticky notes left in random places, accidentally leaving branded premiums around, and even donating merchandise to others with your name on it. All of these ways will help get the name of your business noticed.
* Remember the Business Card – Many people forget about business cards today, but they are super important because they offer you an easy way to give your information to anyone you meet. You could be at the grocery, doctor, or other event and meet someone who wants to know more about your business. The business card is the perfect way to do that.
* Take Pictures and Videos – This method crosses from offline to online, but it’s something that you should definitely do. Take pictures of events, of a random moment in the day and more, to share online. These same images can be used in other venues too, for brochures and more.
* Donate Prizes for Contests – Many charity organizations have events where they need prizes for contests. Find out where they are and when they are, and make your business a go-to business for these types of events.
* Speak at Local Events – A really awesome way to get the word out about your business offline is to get on some speakers’ lists. You can always find a way to speak about something motivational and relate it back to your business in some way.
* Use Direct Mail – Once you get a customer list, you can use direct mail to send marketing information to them. It’s so unusual these days for an online company to do it that it will get some extra attention from your customer.
* Cold Calling – Another method that is known to work for various types of businesses is cold calling. You purchase a list of potential leads and then simply get on the phone and start calling them. This requires a lot of patience and the ability to call as many people as possible.
* Volunteer – The more you can volunteer in your local area, the more people will get to know you as someone they can count on. If you sell something that people need, whether a service or a product, those who get to know your name will seek you out based on your volunteering activity.
* Commercials – You can purchase local commercials rather inexpensively if you go to your local channels. You may be surprised at how inexpensive and effective a commercial spot can be, either on TV or the radio.
These traditional means of marketing your business offline are very effective and important ways to take your business to the next level. You can get a name for yourself locally as well as internationally – no matter what type of business you have.