As a home business owner you need to continuously market your business. There is a saying for all businesses and it is “always be marketing.” This is a very important thing to remember, because it’s true. Even if you think you have enough clients or customers, you may not a month from now, and the marketing you do today will pay off tomorrow. Here are some online marketing tips to keep the marketing going.
* Know Your Goals – You need to start by knowing your goals. Each type of marketing that you do will be designed for a different goal.
* Evaluate Where You Are – Determine where you are now in terms of your content and all aspects of your marketing. Punch up the things that need to be punched up and pull back on the things that need to be pulled back on.
* Use Appropriate Tags – Meta tags, header tags, and alt tags are all still important when it comes to getting attention for your website from search engines. Check everything to ensure that all your tags are set.
* Learn to Understand Your Analytics – Whether it’s Google Analytics or social network analytics, it’s important to familiarize yourself with them so that you can use them to improve your marketing efforts. No matter how small of a business you have, understanding the metrics can help you tremendously.
* Join the Chamber of Commerce – That might seem like weird advice for online marketing, but usually you can end up on their online list which can give you a credible link back to your website.
* Get to Know Your Competition – Always get to know who your competition is and what they’re doing. You don’t want to copy them, but you can get ideas from them on what type of marketing works. Plus, you can look at their offerings and figure out how you can make them better.
* Improve Your Website – Once you build your website and it works, you’ll be super happy and feel done. But, when it comes to websites, you have to keep updating them continuously. Improve your SEO, improve the layout, and keep improving the content.
* Post Videos Online – A great way to move offline activity into online activity is to post videos online. Post them on YouTube, Facebook, and your blog. People love watching short videos from one to three minutes long.
* Post Images Online – Still images are a big hit online too. Post a few pictures of the “day in the life” of your work and you’ll be more relatable to your peers and to your customers as well. It’s a good way to tie in different events to your products and services.
* Blog Regularly – The more you can blog, the better, but it’s important that you have something to say too. Don’t just put up something for the sake of putting up anything. Be sure to create a blog post that has a reason for being and a goal in mind.
* Read about Your Niche – The more you can read about your industry and niche, the more you’ll have to add to it. You can learn about your industry from magazines, books, blogs, and other types of publications.
Keep marketing in all the normal ways such as online social networks, blogging, and social networking. Try adding in a new way of marketing each month to find out which type of marketing works best for you.